From the new issue of Bookpage, here is the list of what’s coming out over the next few months.
- The Lost Symbol, by Dan Brown (sequel to The DaVinci Code)
- The Last Song, by Nicholas Sparks
- Her Fearful Symmetry, by Audrey Niffenegger (author of The Time Traveler’s Wife)
- The Year of the Flood, by Margaret Atwood’
- Last Night in Twisted River, by John Irving
- Traveling with Pomegranates, by Sue Monk Kidd
- Homer and Langley, by E.L. Doctorow
- The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe, by J. Randy Toraborrelli
- An Echo in the Bone, by Diana Gabaldon
- Day After Night, by Anita Diamant (author of this month’s book group selection, Last Days of Dogtown)
- The Lacuna, by Barbara Kingsolver
- Pirate Latitudes, by Michael Crichton
We will, of course, have copies of these and many more books. Place your reserves as soon as possible.
As usual, we are very busy here at Plumb. September is almost here, and with it come several things. First is the Friends Book Sale on Sept. 12 from 9-2 at the Fellowship Hall of the First Congregational Church next-door to the library. Volunteers are needed, especially on Sept. 11 from 2-5 to move the books from the library basement to the hall, and set them up. Volunteers get 1/2 off and first dibs. Help is also needed for the clean up at 2:00 on the 12th, where we move the books back to the library basement for pick-up later from Got Books. Drop by the library to sign up. If you have something to donate, bring it by the library when we’re open, or call and I’ll come and get it.
We’re taking registrations for the Nonfiction Book Group: “Just the Facts!”. Our first meeting is on Monday, October 19 at 6:30, and we’ll be discussing A Delusion of Satan: the full story of the Salem Witch Trials, by Frances Hill. This fascinating book takes a new look at who was being accused and who was doing the accusing, and comes to some startling conclusions. Books will be available at the library after Sept. 10.
We will also have registration for the Preschool and Toddler Story Times, starting Sept. 14 and ending Sept. 26. Due to space limitations, Rochester residents will be given first preference. Out-of-towners will be automatically placed on a waiting list and called if space is available. Call or come in to register after 9/14.