1. We had a successful book sale, and netted over $700. Thanks to all who participated! Next up: the Holiday Open House on Dec. 1. We will start collecting items for the popular Silent Auction. Your Knitting Library Director is currently working on two scarves: a Hunger Games illusion scarf, and a leaf lace cotton green scarf.
2. On Saturday, we had the Summer Reading Program wrap-up celebration. 95 people showed up! Wow! Participants picked up their prizes and certificates. Congratulations to the winners! Look for a report in this week’s Wanderer.
3. Your Friends membership is up for renewal (assuming you are a member of the Friends) in October. Watch for your renewal form in the mail, and return it promptly. Your membership fee is tax-deductible.
4. On Monday 9/24 at 6:30, there will be a program on the book He’s Still Here, by local author Margaret McGee. She will be talking about this book, her journey from grief to healing, and about the Brendan McGee Music Scholarship Fund. Books will be available for signing, and there will be refreshments.
5. The Nonfiction Book Discussion Group “Just the Facts” will be starting again this Thursday at 6:30, discussing the book A Night to Remember, by Walter Lord, the classic book about the sinking of the Titanic. For the full list, go to our Goodreads page here. Please join us any time.